Press ReleasesNippon Paper Group Sustainability Report 2011 Receives Outstanding Achievement Award in 15th Environmental Communication Awards-Second award following on from Outstanding Achievement Award
in 15th Green Reporting Awards-
Nippon Paper Group, Inc.
Nippon Paper Group, Inc. (President: Yoshio Haga) is pleased to announce that it received an Outstanding Achievement Award in the green reporting category of the 15th Environmental Communication Awards (Environmental Communication Awards 2011) sponsored by the Ministry of the Environment and the Global Environmental Forum in recognition of its Sustainability Report 2011, which outlines all of the Group's CSR activities.
The Environmental Communication Awards is an award scheme that aims to promote initiatives in respect of green management and green reporting as well as enhance the quality of environmental information disclosures by recognizing outstanding green reporting. A total of 319 publications and commercials were reviewed in the 15th awards this year (of which 237 were in the green reporting category).
This year's prize was awarded as a result of recognition of the following points:
- Announces the earliest possible resumption of operations at the Ishinomaki Mill, which suffered extensive damage as a result of the Great East Japan Earthquake, giving great hope to the local community
- Describes domestic and overseas forest management and raw materials procurement initiatives through the supply chain
- Describes extensively biodiversity initiatives both in and outside Japan
- Includes the seven core elements of ISO26000 and discloses a large volume of information
- One of the most advanced companies in Japan in terms of initiatives on human rights in the supply chain
The Nippon Paper Group's Sustainability Report 2011 has also received an Outstanding Achievement Award in the Green Reporting Awards sponsored by Toyo Keizai Inc. and Green Reporting Forum, which brings the major CSR reporting awards now received to a total of two. Spurred on by this, the Nippon Paper Group will continue to proactively engage in initiatives in respect of CSR activities and endeavor to disclose complete information in an accessible format.
- *The Nippon Paper Group's Sustainability Report 2011 can be viewed on the Nippon Paper Group Website.
(PDF Japanese version:https://www.nipponpapergroup.com/csr/download/)
- *It is planned to publish the PDF English version of the Sustainability Report 2011 on the following Web page:
- *For details of the Environmental Communication Awards, see the Global Environmental Forum Website.
(http://www.gef.or.jp/eco-com/15th_ecom_result.htm- Japanese only)