Establishes Action Charter and Codes of Conduct, and Opens Helpline
Nippon Unipac Holding
— Constructs a Compliance Control System as a Foundation
of CSR Managemen —
The Nippon Unipac Holding Group will be establishing a new Action Charter and Codes of Conduct on April 1. It will also be opening a Helpline as an internal notification system to ensure that employees' opinions are swiftly conveyed to senior management. With these measures, the Group will take another step towards achieving its goal of making itself truly world-class.
Businesses are closely linked to society. The general public has recently developed
a great interest in corporate activities and has high expectations or demands
in this area.
The Nippon Unipac Holding Group has hitherto adopted a management vision that was designed to establish itself as a truly world-class company. The vision defined four ideals for the Group: 1. Achieving superior, stable for our shareholders, 1. Winning the trust of our customers, 1. Having positive, forward-looking employees, 1. Preserving corporate ethics.
Since establishing a new Action Charter appropriate for a world-class company, as a foundation for meeting its social responsibility as well as its new Codes of Conduct as specific principles based on the Charter, the Group will be even more committed to rigid compliance with society's rules and ethics.
In addition, the Group will be installing a Helpline, available to any Group employee wishes to receive a consultation or to make a notification concerning compliance. Ensuring tight information control and protecting the privacy of users, the Group will swiftly address the issues its employees raise and will improve its corporate risk management system.
The Nippon Unipac Holding Group introduced a system to promote its corporate social responsibility (CSR) in October last year. It has since been focusing its corporate management on discharging its general social responsibilities, not merely in terms of economic activities but also in actions for the environment and social fairness. In the future, the Group will put in practice a comprehensive program of compliance and strive to achieve sustainable development, especially in the paper and paperboard business, as a group of companies that broadly support society.
Nippon Unipac Holding Group's Action Charter / Codes of Conduct
Nippon Unipac Holding Group will strive to become a world-class company through our diverse business activities.
【Ideals for Our Group】
1. Achieving superior, stable profits
for our shareholders
We shall pursue a sustainable growth for the future to contribute to society through our business activities.
We shall abide by the letter and the spirit of laws and regulations, and comply with the highest ethical standards and social codes of conduct, both in Japan and abroad.
We shall conduct our business in a fair, transparent and liberal manner.
We shall win the trust of customers through the development and provision of socially useful and safe products and services.
We shall disclose corporate information positively and fairly to all stakeholders of the Group.
We shall actively address environmental issues, and shall endeavor to conserve and enhance the environmental state of our planet.
We shall maintain consistency between the corporate development and the personal contentment of individual employees, and create a company filled with dream and hope.
Codes of Conduct
- Fulfillment of social responsibilities
(1) We shall contribute to society through our business activities, centered on paper manufacturing, as a good corporate citizen. (2) When conducting businesses overseas, we shall respect local cultures and customs, and carry out our businesses in a way that can contribute to regional development. (3) We shall stand up firmly against antisocial factions and groups.
- Fair, transparent and liberal corporate activities
(1) We shall not become involved in a cartel, collusive behavior, inappropriate labeling or other acts that violate the provisions and spirit of Anti-Trust Law and related regulations, and we shall conduct fair business transactions. (2) We shall not become involved not only in bribery of public officers, illegal political contributions or offering of profits, but also in actions that could be conceived as back-scratching or cozy relations with legislature or administrative bodies. (3) We shall not become involved in after-hours entertainment or gift giving that is unacceptable given community standards and general business practice.
- Winning trust of customers
(1) We shall consistently provide products and service that are socially useful, of high quality and with a high degree of safety, and environmentally friendly. (2) We shall provide quality labels and other product information accurately and fairly, to enable customers to make informed choices. (3) We shall take every opportunity to listen to the opinions of customers, and endeavor to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Strict handling of corporate information
(1) We shall manage business information, intellectual property rights, customer information, personal information and other important internal information strictly and appropriately. (2) We shall not obtain or use information on customers or competitors in an illegal way. (3) We shall respect the intellectual property rights of others.
- Fair and positive disclosure of corporate information
We shall positively disclose not only business-related information but also fair and reliable information on our environmental and community activities to our customers, consumers, shareholders, investors, business partners, regional communities, administrative bodies, employees and other stakeholders.
- Active involvement with environmental issues
(1) We shall promote afforestation projects, to create and make effective use of sustainable forest resources. (2) We shall promote energy conservation, the use of wastepaper and other measures to effectively use resources that are limited in quantity. (3) We shall manage and reduce all types of discharge and waste generated in the course of corporate activities. (4) We shall research and develop manufacturing technologies, and products and services that are in harmony with the environment.
- Desirable mindset of employees
(1) To act with a willingness to improve oneself and to take up challenges, to make corporate development consistent with personal contentment. (2) To abide by laws, regulations and social codes, and to be responsible for one's own conduct. (3) To respect each other's human rights and to consider the positions of others when taking action. (4) To distinguish at all times between official and private settings, and to avoid using business positions for personal benefit. (5) To restrain from using for private purposes nonpublic information obtained in one's company or in the course of business.